Saturday, June 03, 2006

..a new crime against humanity

quantumghosts treaties

Writes about the UN "Convention of the Preservation of the Human Species...."


I loved this from Dr.Yes.
From the reason article.

Far from there being a "right" to enhance oneself and one's progeny, some institutions and activists currently aim to outlaw various biotech interventions.

For example, the European Convention on Human Rights and Biomedicine prohibits the introduction of "any modification in the genome of any descendants."

I absolutely believe in the right of parents to secure the best possible genetics for their offspring. I'm a transhumanist. I believe in the inviolable right of homo sapiens sapiens to reject disease, aging and death, and to continue to evolve.I found this profoundly silly--

a world overrun by Madonna clones
...snip...


*
Ann says what about these, which one should we clone?

click to enlarge

No comments: