Saturday, April 15, 2006

Is she an insecure Physician or Snobbish woman

A Black Doctor's Patient Problems
Even in one of the world's most diverse cities, I have to convince my patients that I am the doctor.

By Mana Lumumba-Kasongo
Special to Newsweek
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12011019/site/newsweek/



snip...

Hadn't she heard me? Hadn't I just administered an invasive exam on her posterior? "I am the doctor," I told her, making myself smile again. Did she sense my newness?


....



I read this article twice and then twice again.

I conclude that

a= The Dr protest too much.

b= She must not have "presence".

I know a very young Doctoresse that even when a student in her young twenty got automatic recognition as the boss of the treatment team.

c= Maybe she should say that she is the PHYSICIAN;

so many peoples in all kinds of weird fields and in "natural" healing are nowaday styling themselves as Doctor.


PS : We do not have much to effectively judge what is the actual situation.

Maybe if she was to provide more info.

MORE: I have lived with four physicians ( 3 were females). I can tell you that presence matters, as well as self-confidence and presentation.

Ann Þ

No comments: