Wednesday, April 12, 2006

In America...women are, unfortunately, " inferior".

Women in Society

women-in-society

...In class, we have discussed the role of women and Feminism. I never really an opinion on Feminism and whether it is an ideology or not.
I think that is very unfortunate, since I am a woman. We discussed prostitution and

how women, as someone put, "choose" to become prostitutes.

I was very bothered by that statement and it enraged me. I didn't realize how much I cared about this topic. In America, it is true that women are, unfortunately, " inferior". I recently witnessed first hand the extent of this. I am a manager at a very well established bank. I have been moving up very quickly throughout the company and thats how I became what I am now.

I was speaking to my boss about my future with the company and my aspirations for my career. I was totally taken back when he told me,
"Well Alisha, this company is really male dominated and I believe its going to be a struggle for you if you want to make it to the top. Thats why, generally, female employees stick to the teller side and the men are at the top."

I couldn't believe he had said that to me. I can't believe that this day in age women are still "inferior".

No comments: